Ingredients: • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin • 1/3 cup sugar • 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup • 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice • ½ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, lightly beaten • 1 teaspoon vanilla • ¾ cup...
• 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
• 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• ½ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product,
thawed, or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• ¾ cup evaporated fat-free milk
• 2 medium Gala or Jonathan apples or 2 ripe pears
• ¼ cup water
• ¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
• 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 1-1/2 quart soufflé dish, 8-inch springform pan, or 8 4-ounce ramekins; set aside. For filling, in a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, honey, and pie spice. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat lightly with a fork just until combined. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into prepared dish, pan, or ramekins. If using a springform pan, place on a foil-lined baking sheet. If using ramekins, place in a 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
2. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes for dish or pan or 30 to 35 minutes for ramekins or until center appears set when gently shaken. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
3. Meanwhile, core, quarter, and thinly slice apples (or pears) and place in a large skillet with the water. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or just until softened and pliable but not mushy. Drain off liquid.
4. To serve the pie, arrange the cooked apple (or pear) slices atop the pumpkin. Sprinkle with pecans (or walnuts) and drizzle with maple syrup. If using a springform pan, loosen pumpkin from sides of pan by running a thin metal spatula around the edge; cut into wedges to serve. If using soufflé dish, spoon pumpkin out of the dish onto serving plates.